Multilanguage

Linktipp: Drupal 7 automatische Übersetzung von Inhalten via Übersetzungs-Webservice mit TMGMT und Rules

Mein heutiger Linktipp behandelt die automatische Übersetzung von Inhalten über Translation Services.

Dabei werden Inhalte, ausgelöst von Rules, über das TMGMT Modul, an einen Übersetzungsdienstleister (z.B. Google Translate, Microsoft/Bing Translator oder andere) übertragen und dort automatisch übersetzt. Die Übersetzung landet umgehend als vollwertiger Inhalt im Drupal CMS.

Fix Drupal Ajax Callbacks missing or wrong $language variable fallback to default language

If you should run into the same problem as I did and wonder that your AJAX callback results return in the wrong language, you may have missed to add the language (path) prefix to the AJAX call!

AJAX calls determine the language from the path they were called, if language prefixing method is used in Drupal.

Drupal 7 i18n Multilanguage site performance issue due to missing index

Drupal 7 i18n Multilanguage site performance issue due to missing index

Today I had a hard fight for performance of a Drupal 7 multilingual website. Using the devel.module I analyzed several MySQL InnoDB requests on each payload and their performance.

A thing that popped up again and again was the locales_source table. The translation queries were not big, but they were many. ;)
And they summed up.

Drupal 7 i18n: How to remove i18n translation links in content ('translation-link') footer.

In the current Drupal 7 i18n translation modules there's a problem with removing the content translation links at the bottom of content.

I've created a little snippet for the template.php file based on the #29 issue comment here.

I hope it will help you:

  1. /**
  2. * Remove translation links.
  3. */
  4. function THEME_links($variables) {

Drupal 7: i18n + Global Redirect ("Prüfen der Sprache für einen Pfad") = Fehler: Umleitungsfehler

Firefox: Fehler: Umleitungsfehler - Die aufgerufene Website leitet die Anfrage so um, dass sie nie beendet werden kann

In einem mehrsprachigen Drupal 7 Projekt gab es für einige URLs die dargestellte Fehlermeldung: "Firefox: Fehler: Umleitungsfehler - Die aufgerufene Website leitet die Anfrage so um, dass sie nie beendet werden kann"!

Es zeigte sich schnell, dass es sich dabei um Inhalts-URLS von Deutschen Seiten handelte, für die es (noch) kein Englisches Gegenstück gab.

Beispiel: