Drupal 7 i18n Multilanguage site performance issue due to missing index

Drupal 7 i18n Multilanguage site performance issue due to missing index

Today I had a hard fight for performance of a Drupal 7 multilingual website. Using the devel.module I analyzed several MySQL InnoDB requests on each payload and their performance.

A thing that popped up again and again was the locales_source table. The translation queries were not big, but they were many. ;)
And they summed up.

Having a deeper look I found out that there was no proper index used and I googled for it. What I finally found was this issue, which sadly doesn't have much activity currently: https://drupal.org/node/1940532

As you can see, there are two main indexes missing, if you use Drupal with i18n. Especially for big or high traffic pages this is an issue!

I hope that this will be fixed soon the the modules. Until that you may be interested to create the indexes yourself:

  1. ALTER TABLE `locales_source` ADD INDEX `locales_source_i18n_idx_tcs` ( `textgroup` , `context` , `source` ( 30 ));
  2. ALTER TABLE `i18n_string` ADD INDEX `i18n_string_i18n_idx_tot` ( `type` , `objectid` , `textgroup` );

If that helped you, feel free to leave a comment. Our company also provides Drupal Performance optimization for your Drupal Project in Germany, Austria or Switzerland. Learn more about us: http://www.DROWL.de

Kommentare

Kommentar hinzufügen

Der Inhalt dieses Feldes wird nicht öffentlich zugänglich angezeigt.

Weitere Informationen über Formatierungsoptionen